Sunday, October 26, 2008

Scary retail anecdote of the day

Three weeks ago, I was looking for a laptop roller bag when I saw and fell in love with the Briggs & Riley @Work Compact Rolling Computer Case. I researched an online and in several physical stores but couldn’t find anywhere for less than $289. A woman at one of the stores told me they never go on sale, ever.

Yesterday, I was looking again at the mall when a salesman tried to sell me on that very bag. I told him I loved it, but it was too expensive. He asked how much I was looking to pay. I told him $200 -- he agreed to that price on the spot.

This was at a mall, not a flea market.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:45 PM

    Wow - was it the same store where the woman said they nev go on sale?

    Glad you got what you wanted. 200 bucks is still more than I'd ever pay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different store in the same mall. I had actually purchased one at regular price from the first store but took it back because I felt so bad about spending so much on a roller bag.

    I agree that even $200 is expensive. But Andrea and I looked everywhere to find one that wasn't too big but still properly shielded the laptop -- AND had a shoulder strap -- and this was the only one that met all three criteria.

    ReplyDelete