Sunday, November 18, 2001

Wow, it's been a few days.

Comdex was good, though it seemed far less crowded and spectacular than in past years -- it was almost like a big trade show. I saw a few cool things, including a 3-D glasses system that' supposed to make any Direct X or Open GL game (that's just about any PC game made these days) three dimensional. I bought a pair, but Nvidia hasn't updated their drivers for Windows XP yet.

Speaking of graphics cards, I finally figured out what setting was causing all those lockups. I was so happy to have my games working again I ended up playing Tribes 2 until four in the morning.

Oh yeah -- the other cool thing I saw at Comdex was a 3Com 802.11b wireless card with a retractable antenna. I didn't see them for sale at the show, and haven't seen them at Fry's, Circuit City or MicroCenter, so I bid for one on eBay. So far, I'm winning the auction, so I may just get a refurbished unit for $50. Sweet!

Watched the Britney Spears concert tonight on HBO. I haven't seen anything that cheesy since the 1989 Debbie Gibson concert at ASU.

No comments:

Post a Comment