Tuesday, July 3, 2001

Well, I got my wireless home network up and running. Thank you, George W. Bush, for helping me pay for it; I'll remember this day, even as I'm eating dog food in some free nursing home. The technology is kinda cool -- now I don't have to walk all the way to my bedroom to use the Internet (I'm updating this from my couch!) What's really cool is that I'll probably be able to use this at the forthcoming wireless-enabled Starbucks outlets. Of course, I'm assuming they'll be using the 802.11b standard, which would make sense considering it's the one actually available. I mean, there's no sense in advertising something most people can't use, is there? Is there?!

For some reason I watched "The Whole Nine Yards" on HBO tonight for the second time. I hate it when I can't help watching dumb movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment