Saturday, May 12, 2001

Well, here I am in Phoenix. It's weird how conflicted I am about this place and whether I'll ever move back here. In one sense, this really feels like home to me: some of my best friends and memories are here, not to mention family. As I drove around w/ Chad and Susan tonight just about every place we went to had some personal significance to me. It's corny, but I feel so sentimental about this place, as hard as it is to explain to outsiders. Manzanita Hall, Arizona Mills, University Avenue. These were the places and times that shaped me into the person I am now.

But I just can't imagine what I'd actuallly do if I moved back here. Covering the tech market here would seem like such a drag compared to Silicon Valley.I mean, Chad, Susan and I could even think of anything fun to do here tonight.

And despite all of its problems, I really do love California -- its beaches, variety and left-leaning politics. I probably miss Southern California more than I do Arizona now. I guess I could always retire in Arizona.

Maybe I shouldn't write so late at night; everything starts to get a little sappy after 1 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment