Thursday, March 15, 2001

We lost yet another softball game tonight. Slaughtered is probably a more apt description. Unfortunately, about half of the other team failed to show, so the coaches replaced AWOL players with field groupies -- those college and high school atheletes who didn't make it to the pros but love to hang out at ameteur facilities and beat the crap out of teams like ours. S.L. is filing a formal complaint, and we'll definitely look for another facility to play a spring league. Bastards.

That wasn't the end of our crappy night, though. Milpitas had a power outage that knocked out all the street lights, so S.L., G.E. and I got stuff in a city-wide traffic jam. And to top it off, I lost my cell phone. Maybe this gives me an excuse to buy one of these SmartPhones. I'll make a token effort to find the old one, but if I can't, I have no choice but to purchase the new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment