Tuesday, September 11, 2001

Terrorists strike World Trade Center

There's not much I can add about this horrifying, sickening attack. I got the news this morning from Sarah Sun, who left a message of the attack on my voicemail. I thought she had fallen victim to an e-mail hoax, but sure enough, it was true.

What surprises me is that, unlike the bombings of Oklahoma City bombing or U.S.S. Cole, this attack was so well coordinated. Terrorists hijacked four separate planes, meaning our security system failed four separate time in the span of less than an hour. That's a scary realization.

I have a feeling that we're going to invade Afghanistan and extract Osama bin Laden -- even if he's not responsible for this particular attack -- as a show of force.

What a sad day for the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment