Thursday, September 20, 2001

Bush issues ultimatum to Taliban

Finally, a Bush speech with actual content. It sounds like we're doing all the right things. If I were a terrorist, I'd have to be a little nervous right now. I like that Bush made it clear that terrorist governments will pay a high price for harboring terrorists. Let's face it, the Taliban is a "government" that should have been taken out a long time ago.

I attended an industry dinner last night purportedly on the riveting topic of real-time computing. But of course, everyone ended up talking about the terrorist attacks. Over and over again, we asked ourselves how such a small and unsophiticated group could cause such severe damage on the most powerful nation in history. I think Taliban officials answered that best earlier this year when they blew up priceless Buddhist artifacts: "It is easier to destroy than to build."

No comments:

Post a Comment