Friday, March 23, 2001

I went to the Games Developers Conference yesterday hoping to see the only title I care about, Tribes 2, but alas, Sierra Studios wasn't even there. I did get to sit through a 90-minute workshop on how to design a realistic-looking human head. It was like watching C-SPAN for geeks. I just didn't realize that much thought went into things like that. I must say, it made me feel a little guilty for not playing more games. The funny thing is, the process is exactly what I imagined for my screenplay, Gameboys. I really need to rewrite that script and start pitching it, espacially since I now have connections in the indie film world.

Speaking of geeky things, I may buy a new computer this weekend. The P III's with 128 M and built-in CD writer have finally fallen to under $1,000, so now's the time. I'll need a faster machine to play Tribes 2 anyway. Woo-hoo! I love new computers, as sad as that is.

Now the dilemma -- do I go to Santa Cruz or play with the new toy?

No comments:

Post a Comment